Thursday, May 18, 2006





I don't have true 'baby puppy' pictures of any of my dogs because they were all between 6 and 8 months old already when I adopted them. These pics are the closest I have to puppy pics, taken sometime in 2001. Sylvia, the sheltie-mix girl, and Alex, the yellowdog boy, were about a year old in these pics, give or take a few months. Alex is the younger of the two. I adopted Sylvia from the county shelter exactly 12 days after I moved into an apartment that allowed dogs. Five months later, we visited the city shelter, "just to check it out," and I couldn't get yellowboy out of my head, so he came home with me, too. Two puppies in less than a year, what was I thinking???

I'm glad I didn't know any better back then. Love, love, love these two little beings. . . even if Alex does still steal my shoes every chance he gets. At least all he does is toss them around the house in joy. "Mom's shoes, mom's shoes, ooooh they smell so good, just like mom's feet!!!!"

No comments: