Monday, January 22, 2007

made by me skirt, and wintery romping

My latest project went from this (from last week): skirt in progress
to this (last night):
and I'm wearing it right now--hee hee! I made it from the basic skirt pattern in Sew U, the Built By Wendy book, modified slightly wider at the bottom for more of an A-line. I also used the green binding (cotton jersey from a thrifted sheet) at the waist instead of using the facings. The pockets are my own design, just rectangles with the bottom corners rounded using a roll of masking tape as a guide. The fabric is a tweedy purple and green with flecks of yellow, from the thrift store. I heart thrifted fabric. Note the Pablo cat tail in the corner of the pic. That cat has a camera-dar, seriously.

Also on the crafty front, I tried kool aid dying some super chunky recycled yarn from a thrifted sweater.
kool aid dyed thrifted yarn

Dave was very very busy this weekend I sure hope he's not being mesmerized by the official website of Team SnaykeByte in this pic. The rest of us had a spot of cabin fever, some of us more than others, ahem, Alex and very very bad Alex.

At the point that the cats started wishing I had never brought that stupid camera into their sacred abode, no.  not the camera.  again., I decided to gather up the dogs for some wintery romping.
You rang?

Got the stick!!

Throw the stick!!!!

You're bringing the camera outside, too?

1 comment:

Alina Turner said...

Ooh - I've got Sew U as well, how inspiring is it! Love the skirt, but I must say, the shoes are cute too :)